Multiple vulnerabilities have been discovered in Apple iOS, iPadOS, and watchOS, which could allow for arbitrary code execution.
- Apple iOS is a mobile operating system for mobile devices, including the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- iPadOS is the successor to iOS 12 and is a mobile operating system for iPads.
- watchOS is the mobile operating system for the Apple Watch and is based on the iOS operating system.
Successful exploitation of these vulnerabilities could result in arbitrary code execution. An attacker could then execute code with privileges given to the mail application, delete emails, crash the mail application, and cause device slowdowns.
- Apple iOS 7.0 through IOS 12.4.1
- Apple iOS 13.0 through IOS 13.4.1
- iPadOS 13.1.0 through iPadOS 13.4.0
- watchOS prior to 5.3.7
- watchOS 6.0 through 6.2.0
- Large and medium business entities: High
- Small business entities: High
We recommend the following actions be taken:
- Install the updates provided by Apple immediately after appropriate testing.
- Remind users not to download, accept, or execute files from un-trusted or unknown sources.
- Remind users not to visit untrusted websites or follow links provided by unknown or un-trusted sources.